Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Settling in to a Rhythm

It's been a while since I've written and quite a lot has happened since then. This past weekend I went to stay with family friends in Hod HaSharon and it was nice to be able to stay in a room by myself again (although I am really lucky that my roommates are so easygoing). We finally started working and studying and it feels good not to be a waste of space anymore. I am in Kitah Gimel which is the highest class available and it is an agreeable curriculum. On the initial test I scored a 94% which means that I could be in Daled but there is no such thing on this specific kibbutz. I feel that I will still acquire a sufficient amount of Hebrew during my time here. Instead of working in PalRam (the Kibbutz's plastic factory which is its main source of income) I work in the Kindergarten with the 5-6 year olds. Their English is not too good (a.k.a. nonexistent) so if you can put 2 and 2 together you'll figure out which language that leaves for us to converse in. While my Hebrew is good it's not good enough to feel comfortable using it all day. All-in-all, however, I landed a really great job and it's fun working with the kids. The teachers who I work with are also really nice and understanding of my situation. Hopefully I'll get a chance to write later and upload some photos, but I've got to go to sleep now -- 7:00 a.m. is only 6.5 hours away! For those of you who want to contact me by email here it is:

benjacobs1027@comcast.net

No comments: